live foods for apistos

I am interested in starting a few cultures of grindals
and whiteworms for winter feeding of my apistos.
Usually I get my starters from fellow hobbyist. Now
I'd like to buy larger quantities from some of the
suppliers advertising on the web.

Has anyone ever purchased large quantities by mail
order?  Most places advertise small and large.  Are
these quantities based on the amount of worms or the
amount of medium and worms?  I don't want to buy a lot
of dirt.

Anyone have any recommendations for which mail order
offers the most for one's money?

Francine