Re: Mouthbrooder

Hello Mike

I got some of those fish from Oliver too.... He had a huge tank full of
them, awesome looking fish in great shape.

The species is a mouthbrooder, females pick up wigglers after they hatch
not eggs before they hatch...... common name for the species is Sp
Maulbruter ..... german for mouthbrooder.

I have a trio in a 55 that have spawned and given me fry.   Such a
beautiful species.... females can be aggressive in brood care so be
careful of the pair.

John