Re: beefheart recipe

Arild,

The problem with beef heart is not really the muscle, but the fat. I've been
told that mammal fat is not easily digested by fish. It is left over &
excreted. At normal aquarium temperatures (<85ºF/29ºC) it can become too firm
in a fish's intestinal tract & create blockages. Whether this is true or not,
it seems a little is OK, but a lot creates problems.

Mike Wise