Re: A little info

I couldn't agree more, they're really nice fish. I can't understand why they aren't more popular other than they never look really beautiful in the shops. Under the right lighting and when breeding they can be really handsome fishes.

C:-)lin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kelly Higgins"
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:13:13 -0600
Subject: A little info

      Just a little quiet around here so I thought I would remark on A. Steindachneri. It is  the most undemanding apisto I have ever worked with. I just threw some peat grandules on top of a sand substrate with a sponge filter. Change water once a week with 100% RO and voila! The fry are obscenly easy to raise I have about 20 and think if my feeding and water changes were more frequent I would have upwards to 50 from this pairs first spawn. The male has beautiful two inch ventrals and a great red stripe along the top back part of his dorsal. I recommend this fish if you havent tried it
KellyHiggins
C:-)lin

They said "Smile, things could be worse." So I smiled, and sure enough...