RE: RO membranes

<I noticed some black particules on the tank of the membrane (like carbon I
<would guess)
<Could it be coming from the carbon prefilter ?
<To be sure, I exchanged the pre-filters order, so now I have: carbon,
<sediment, membrane.

I am by no means an expert on filtration but, I would venture to say that
you will prematurely clog your carbon block by running it before the
sediment filter. My suggestion would be adding another sediment after the
carbon block to catch any carbon particles that may be dislodging. Although
it is possible the black stuff your seeing in the membrane housing is the
result of anerobic bacteria. How long does your RO unit sit idle between
uses?

Tim