Re: Somewhat off the subject..kribensis

Hi Bob,
Thank you for the insight. Acutally, I live in Bethlehem Pa, where we got
24" of snow.
I understand your concern about the breeding fighting. However, I have a
moderatly planted tank with 2 caves for every single fish (how do you ask???
landscaping secrets...hehehe)   With the activity that I have had from both
pairs of kribensis,  they tend to leave each other alone, with the exception
of feeding time. They seem to socialize, remind each other where they
reside, and before long, are off to do their own thing.
    I was interested in the addition of some incas, and with reading  the
posts on this list, in addition to talking to some importers and breeders,
find they are quite peaceful.  I am more concerned about the fish load in
the tank. Although aggression is also a concern, somehow I have managed to
keep rather aggressive cichlids together in one tank (ei one oscar, red
devil, jack dempsey and a red belly pacu) not to mention my malawi tank.
My formula usually is when adding a specific fish or group of fish,
depending on the suggested level of aggression, I get them smaller than the
current occupants. If there is a population factor, such as in my malawi
tank, if the species I am adding is slightly more aggressive, I add less
then the current ratio. If they are more peaceful, then I add more.
    I suppose I should have been slightly more specific in my question. Do
you have any experience with Inca's? I would love to learn from your
observations, not just in Inca's, but the aggression level in any of the
apistos. Thanks for responding.

Colleen