Re: Apistogramma sp."Black chin"

Patrick,

This is most likely A. sp. Schwarzkinn, which translates to 'Black-chin'
from German. This is a prime example why I always use the foreign name,
with English translation, originally used instead of just the English one.
It avoids this kind of confusion.

A. sp. Schwarzkinn/Black-chin is related to A. juruensis, but is actually a
different species entirely. I must admit, however, that most articles on A.
juruensis are actually about A. sp. Schwarzkinn/Black-chin. So if you want
information on this fish check under the 'juruensis' name.

Mike Wise