apple snails with apisto?

Hi all,

I tried to find sth about it in the archive, with no success, so I decided
to put it up.
It seems both apple snails (Pomacea bridgesi) and apistos could occur
simpatricaly. Does anyone have any info about it? What are your experiences
with keeping fish & snails together?

My initial balance sheet:
for apple snails:
- eat the leftovers
- eat the decaying oak leaves (my observation) and plants' dead tissue
- their dropings seem to be a good substrate for protozoa, food for baby
apistos (heard about it - ?)

against:
- can eat apisto eggs
- very intensive metabolism