Re: A. Sp Pulchra?

Patrick,

A. cf. pulchra Marimari was originally exported to Japan in 2001, but
didn't get to the rest of the world until recently. It is a close relative
to A. sp. Abacaxis (aka A. sp. Wilhelmi) & might be just a geographic color
form of Abacaxis. Both fish come from tributaries of the lower Rio Madeira.
The mouth of the Rio Marimari is just upstream from the Rio Abacaxis. These
2 rivers are considered blackwater. As such both fish require acid (Linke
found A. sp. Abacaxis in pH 3.9! water) soft water to feel their best. Like
Abacaxis, the Marimari form doesn't show its best colors unless it is
displaying. Not much more is known about this fish.

Mike Wise