taking fish as airline baggage; was: Mike Wise on the West Coast

Rik,

Thanks for the promo. Unfortunately I won't be able to bring anything this
time. Ever since last December, when airlines started X-raying or visually
inspecting every piece of baggage, I have found it impossible to take fish
on aircraft as baggage - carry on or checked in. Before December I could get
them on mixed in my luggage, but not now that everything going on the plain
is checked out. Some airlines will take them as air freight at a high cost,
but that is all. Have others found this to be true? Does anyone know of any
domestic US airlines that permits taking fish as baggage?

Mike Wise