Re: Dicrossus filamentosus

Alfredo,

I do not believe that A. panduro is extremely aggressive. This apisto forms
pairs that tend to jointly guard the breeding territory together. They are a
robust fish that can easily hurt or kill a D. filamentosus if the fish cannot
escape the panduro's territory (which can be large).

If your water will not drop below pH 6 using sphagnum peat, then you have a KH
problem. D. filamentosus requires almost mineral free water - especially the KH.
I see 2 options: dilute your tap water with distilled, R/O, or rainwater, or use
hydrochloric acid to reduce the KH (and pH). If you use the acid, remember that
it is dangerous. Never mix it in a tank with fish. Mix it with water that you
will added to the tank. Also remember that using acid will raise the
conductivity of the water - something that D. filamentosus does not like.

Mike Wise