A. elizabethae

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have experienced spawning Apistogramma elizabethae?
Ive been having trouble, here is what ive done and what I have set up incase im doing something wrong right off the bat.

I have a nice pair of elizabethae from Oliver Lucanus, i believe they were collected in Uaupe...
They are in a 15 gallon planted tank with lots of pots, pvc, coconutshells, driftwood, java moss, anubias nana, java ferns. There is one little 1inch random gourami type thing in there to make them want to spawn and protect.
The ph is about 5.5 right now, Im using pure R/O but I added a little HCL to bring the ph down and I hear that adds something to that water as well that increased the tds? There is some peat in a sleeve as well and the filter is a sponge filter.

Ive tried about three times now, when the female looks fat from eating live black worms, bbs, frozen brine shrimp and blood worms, and frozen daphnia, and the male is displaying and shaking around her. I have done a 50% water change and when adding the water had the ph around 4.5 once, 5 once and like 5.5 another time. Anyway the female has gotten a little bit yellow but then nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? it is probably obvious and im missing it. ohwell...

on the plus side I have too agassizi spawns , a ram spawn and two sp cara pintada spawns. so that is something...

This is the apistogramma mailing list, apisto@listbox.com. For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email apisto-request@listbox.com. apisto-digest@listbox.com also available. Web archives at http://lists.thekrib.com/apisto Trading at http://blox.dropship.org/mailman/listinfo/apisto_trader