Re: Help ID please

Ghazanfar,

I finally got the opportunity to look at your photo. It is not the typical
A. agassizii. It probably is a different, but closely related species. It
appears to be the same form that Koslowski (2002) calls "A. cf. agassizii
Tapajós". This species was collected in several small clearwater
tributaries along the lower Rio Tapajós. I hope this helps.

Mike Wise