Re: sp. "Miua" and viejita

Greg,

Your A. sp. Miuá are acting like my Miuá. Your water conditions are not
suitable for breeding, so they are behaving like non-breeding Apistogramma.
I never was successful at breeding this species. It seems that A. sp. Miuá
require very acid (~ pH 4!) and very soft water before they will reproduce.

Your female viejita may have gill parasites. I would remove her to a
hospital tank and treat her separately.

Mike Wise