Re: systematics

Hi

I noted that you haven´t got any replies. I don´t have the answer to your question, but I think that your question is very interesting. Especially the big Trifasciata confusion is a matter to discuss further.

The Apisto world seems to have a lot of "enigmas".
Resticulosa, Pulchra, Steelblue and the Trifasciata are some examples.

Best regards/ Per

Grzegorz Prusinowski <gprusinowski@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
Hi all,

I've heard roumors of some DNA research in Apistogramma
(could have sth to do with one Mike W. being on ACA...:-)
and some systematic revolution in trifasciata complex. could
anyone comment on it?
I have a few fish, that I am not sure what they are. Well,
Uwe Roemer calls them A. maciliensis and Mike Wise points at
"Mamore".
The other thing is A. macmasteri vs viejita (various
forms) - I must say not Mayland&Bork nor Roemer explained
the difference to me. I also searched the archive for this
but couldn't find answer, that would leave me without
doubts.
As the discussions happened some time ago, perhaps there are
some new facts to consider?

Thanks in advance

Greg
Grzegorz Prusinowski