RE: Crenicichla regani?

Hi Zapzap,
This is my first try at dwarf pikes. You might want to ask the more experienced pike keepers on this list what's best. Francine, Z-man can you help out ?
This is what I did so far:
I had my regani's in a group of six pairs in a small tank at first.It was fun to watch their interaction as a group.The pair that I got originally from my LFS bonded in the small tank .
I moved my bonded breeding pair to it's own 20g long after their first breeding attempt.
The 20g is set up as a typical Apisto breeding tank with terra cotta saucers as spawning caves and some plant cover. FYI, I use pure R/O water for all my breeding tanks.
The female occupied one of the larger saucers immediately after I moved them two weeks ago.
I don't think regani are very picky about where to deposit their eggs.
I watched the female this morning leading her huge school of fry out of a terra cotta saucers right after the lights came back on. The male is unbelievable ,very protective. He keeps an eye on the surrounding area all day long and seems to warn the female if there's any sign of trouble(our cat). He attacked my hand when I cleaned the tank last weekend.
Our hobby is sometimes very frustrating but this is what keeps you going.
HTH
Max
P:S. : I'll post the first fry pictures later today on the Digital Aquarium

Visit http://www.petbidz.com the ultimate auction site for live pets and supplies.
E-mail: petbidz@hotmail.com
The Digital Aquarium, home of L&M Tropicals and rare, high quality Dwarf Cichlids: http://www.apisto.bravepages.com
E-mail: