Re: Identification

Nuno,

I would like to try to ID your female, but cannot get access to the site. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Mike Wise

Nuno Prazeres wrote:

Hi all,

I have a fish that suffers from the common FDIS - Femmale Difficult Identification Sindrome. :-)

Romer's identification key is not that conclusive because IMHO this fish seems to be an aquarium variety and the key is pretty much focused on the types we find in nature.

I do hope this awful links work (I need to create a decent domain):

This is her in a typical foraging mood:
http://home1.nikonnet.com/servlet/com.arcsoft.ArcsoftMain?com=arcsoft&dbtf=album.sql&jobtype=albumshow&ALBUM_ID=1315711&colnum=1&rownum=1&c2simple_next=albumshow.html&firstflag=yes&RefreshRandom=0.7359706832371827

This is her while being intimidated by a aga male (not shown)
http://home1.nikonnet.com/servlet/com.arcsoft.UtilMain?com=arcsoftUtil&jobtype=zlargeview3&c2simple_next=largeview3mbr.html&newpict=6534528&goNext=/photosharing/albumindex.html?

Do you think it is an agassizii?

Thanks in advance

Nuno Prazeres