Aga fight

Hi!

I decided to buy a new aga male to see if I can get something from a female whose eggs seem to last just one day. I suspect the former male is too old to fertelise them properly.

When I released the newcomer in the tank a spectacular ritual fight started imediately and last 15 to 20 minutes. Adding to the usual lateral displays, there were more than 15 frontal open mouth threatning dances and 3 mouth locks, one of these lasting for at least 2 minutes. The fish came out of the process without a scratch (except maybe for the ego of the bigger older male who lost) and were eating mosquito larvae soon after the fight.

I was able to get some photos which quality is not great but are enough to show how spectacular the process was(I am a poor photographer, the light was weak and the glass was dirty and scratched).

The first link merges all the photos but will take a bit to load if your line is not fast enough. Hope you enjoy.

http://apistogramma.no.sapo.pt/Outras_Nuno/Combate/ContactSheet-1 copy.jpg
http://apistogramma.no.sapo.pt/Outras_Nuno/Combate/DSCN0046001.jpg
http://apistogramma.no.sapo.pt/Outras_Nuno/Combate/DSCN0047002.jpg
http://apistogramma.no.sapo.pt/Outras_Nuno/Combate/DSCN0048003.jpg