Re: Cacatoide parisite? I need some opions.

I lost many apistos to those worms a couple years ago.
I've been told that you can cure them with levamisole, but I haven't been able to locate anyone selling it.

Charles

Alan Whitten wrote:

In the last few weeks, I have lost 2 female cactoides to the same condition.

Both females have had inflamed anal openings, with what appear to be red
'spkes' sticking out of the openings.

The fish loose interest in eating, and then waste away.  It appears I have a
3rd female that is developing similar
simptoms.  All of the fish are of unknown age ( i have had them since
April), and only one of the three has ever
spawned.  These are the female I got for Rik back in April.

Any input would be appreciated.

--C. Alan