Re: what are these apistos?

Hi

I had almost the same question as you a couple of months ago. I was about to order some apistos from a stocklist with a lot of strange names.
This is what Mike replied to me;

Per,

There are more names for different populations of known species than I
can keep track of. Still I do recognize some of your fish:

> Ap. Hauswell = A. sp. Maulbrüter/Mouthbrooder/Brustband/Breast-band -
brevis or cacatuoides-group, depending on who you ask

> Ap. Huallaga - ? new to me
> Ap. Kiko = A. cf. eunotus (Orange-tail) - eunotus-complex
> Ap. Laulate -  ? new to me
> Ap. Papagayo = A. sp. Papagei/Parrot/Algodon I - Pebas-complex
> Ap. Paracas = A. cf. eunotus (Orange-tail) - eunotus-complex
> Ap. Sanchez ? new to me
> Ap. Blue eye ? new to me
> Ap. Painted face = A. sp. Carapintada, probably the form known as A.
sp. Masked/Masken, not A. sp. Winkelfleck/Angle-patch - regani-complex

I hope this helps.

Mike Wise

Best regards/ Per

Dániel Gergely Faragó <fideltagamma@operamail.com> wrote:
Hello,

My LFS ha some import apistos from Peru. But the names are rather interesting. Could you please tell me if you already heard about these names, or have seen any of them:

A. (bitaeniata?) "Shishita" (though this is not sure)
A. sp. "Sunset" (not atahualpa)
Apistogramma sp "Kiko"
Apistogramma sp. "Huallaga"
Apistogramma sp. "Hauswell"

They are quite small and I don't know if it is worth trying one or two species of the above.

Thanks

Daniel