From: owner-apisto@v2.listbox.com [mailto:owner-apisto@v2.listbox.com]
On Behalf Of The Haunted
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 12:31 PM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Taeniacara candidi questions

Hey,

Ive had 4 Taeniacara candidi for about a year now. One fish is huge now
and
has bright red fins and is obviously the male, a long with a smaller
male
that I can tell. However, Im not sure if the last 2 are females or not.
They
are very small, and look kind of like the male, minus the spade on the
caudal fin as well as shorter other fins and less intense colour. But.
they
could, for all intents and purposes, be really small males?

I was thinking of setting up a tank for breeding them, or at least
housing
them. right now they are in a 15 gallon planted display tank with a pair
of
A. elizabethae and some random other apistos.

Can anyone share their successful methods at spawning these fish? what
size
tank? pH? tank decor? use dither fish? etc.. thank you

coby

For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email