Re: lesson learned the hard way !

Hi,

I'd go with John's advice, insulate that house!!!

For power backup, I'd recommend a nice big generator!! Wish I had one!!

I'm actually using some APC Back-UPS for backup power. Only running the air pumps on these things, should last about 10 hours straight, but I'd turn them on maybe 5-10 minutes par hour to have a longer reserve. Not too expensive, especially if they are on sale, or you buy them used.

David