Re: Looking for Apistogramma Aggassizzi Tefe

I only bought 4 wild apistos ever...(I am still new to the apisto world)
(before this apistos I had home  made cacatuoides...they didn't live long)

The wild ones arrived in a lausy state, it was 4 immature specimens, 2 died
in the first week...the other 2 survived and they still  live...and breed...
;)
yes I have a dense planted tank
http://aquarium.planetaclix.pt/images/april-2003/Dscf0010.jpg
(Here is where my wild agassizi lives, now I have a lot less fishes than
when I took this picture...)

Yes they were timid...but only for the first month..
they eat now from my hand (beefheart with some molluscs), and even the
ocasional fish flake.

If they see my hand inside the tank they rush and come near to see if it's
food!

My tank is not in a 100% disease free state, I have gill flukes and maybe
some other parasite, this parasite is still here but with no ill-effects to
the fishes...I didn't use any medication...maybe I managed to kill all the
bugs...maybe..or maybe not...
;)
I do believe that this parasite can train the immunologic system of the
fish, so it might be a good thing to have it here...maybe...
just like polio illness...
...Polio was a illness that only attacked those who had never had any
contacts with it...those who lived in the perfect enviromenment (disease
free), where the ones infected...

I also use garlic and yeast on my beef heat receipt, to improve the
immunologic status of all the fishes...I think it works!

Another thing that is in favour of the wild fish:
their's descendents usually don't manifest any genetic illness, the aquarium
selected breed are usually prone to that problems.

My wild agassizi (arrived with the name "alenquer" associated, I guess this
name don't mean a thing ;)   ), the male is a little dull, but still is
beautifull, with lots of blue, I like it more than the home made versions,
it's just my oppinion...

Regards from Portugal!
António Vitor