taking eggs away from parents

Hello,

I was wondering how important temp/ph/etc is when taking eggs away from parents. My Apistogramma elizabethae laid eggs within 3hours of being put into the 10 gallon display tank i set up. The female usually eats the eggs because the male stresses her out. At least in their old 15 gallon tank which just had them in it. Perhaps with the neon tetras and coral red pencil fish she wont eat them. Anyway... If I were totake the eggs away how important is it ti get the water from the tank I am taking it from.
Bothtanks were filled with a combination of RO and tap water. Which has the same readings anyway...
Can I drain like a couple gallons from the tank the eggs are laid in and then put them in another 10gallon tank which already has like 4 gallons of water. Or will the mixing of new water kill them?

thanks
coby