Re: "biotope project"

Hello Greg!

Sounds like a great idea! It would be very interesting with such a list. Altough there are problems to make a list that covers all the habitats for a species like for example Ap. Agassizi. Since it is spread over the major part of the amazon, it is sharing it´s habitats with numerous different species, depending on where in the amazon the Agassizi´s are collected.
Some other species will be easier of course. At least there are some apistos that are endemic to certain rivers.

I will try to help if I can. I have at least some info about collecting sites in uruguay for the Ap. Commbrae. (Perhaps the southest collecting site of any apisto species)

Best regards/ Per

Grzegorz Prusinowski <gprusinowski@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
Hi all,

It's a little bit quiet lately, but perhaps you will be
willing to help me with one giantic project, that I saved
for summer time. We have an apisto dedicated website with
some friends from Poland and try to gradualy improve the
content. For some time I have been thinking about a
"compatibility list" of species occuring simpathricaly with
the dwarf cichlids. I know it's a lifetime job, but if I
start with some popular species and limit to other fish
known to aquarium hobbyists it could be a great help for
those, who plan a biotope tank.

I poped onto some links to collecting trips' diaries, that
are very helpful. I hope you know of some more, perhaps have
your own experiences and remarks to add. Or maybe somebody
already "been there did that"?

Counting on your help.

Greg

Grzegorz Prusinowski