Hi all,

   I'm a relative neophyte with apistos.  I haven't kept any yet but plan to
add either a pair of A. Nijsenni or a trio of A. Cacatuodies to my discus
tank (after I move shortly).  I've also wanted to (and still might) keep A.
agazzasi and A. Trifascia.  As you can see, my spelling is somewhat
atrocious :)  but hopefully you understand what I'm talking about.  One
question I had concerned appropriate water conditions for Nijsenni and
Cacatuodies.  I read in Linke and Staek's new (well, not that new), that
both species could tolerate and were actually found in water with higher
hardness and pH than other apistos. Would water conditions 8-12 dGH, pH
6.5-6.8 be sufficient to allow these fish to thrive?  The other tankmates
will most likely be 4-6 adult discus, 15-20 cardinals, 8-10 marbled hatchet
tetras, 10-12 cories, assorted algae crew (ottocinclus and SAEs), and the
apistos.  Many pieces of driftwood and heavy planting w/ many smaller clumps
of plants in the foreground area.  I'm also a little concerned for my
cories.  I've heard reports of apistos tearing the eyes out of cories during
mating season.  I really don't want blind cories.

thanks,
Roni