Re: Adoptions (was New Subscriber...)

I tried this as personal e-mail, and it got bounced. Since it may be of
interest to others, I'll post it here, and hope Ruvan can get it.

  Ruvan Nanayakkara <ruvan@marshill.com> -- didn't work
Ruvan wrote:

snip...

>... Have kept several Apisto
>species and two Nanochromis species. Was successful in breeding and
>raising A. borellii.
>
>The A. borellii breeding experience was an intersting one. I had two
>pairs in a 20H. The dominant male first spawned with the dominant female
>and a few days later spawned with the second female. When the fry from
>the second female were about 2 days old(free swimming) the dominant
>female "aquired" about half of the second females fry and raised them.
>Anyone know wether this is common in Appistogramma

Don't know how common, but I recently had a similar experience with A.
agassizii, and then got totally confused as to who was raising whose babies,
for they seemed to swap back and forth. :^)

Wright

--

Wright Huntley (408) 248-5905 Santa Clara, CA USA huntley@ix.netcom.com