Hi all,

I'm a new subcriber to the apisto mailing list, and fairly new to keeping
cichlids (a little over a month now). I appologize that I'm not up on the
scientific names of what I have. The name I was told at the pet store was
Dwarf Emperor Cichlids. And I've found that they look very similar to what
I found in a aquarium fish guide that was called a 'Ram Cichlid'. Thats about
the extent of my knowledge (other than the basics of what to feed them and
how to care for the water). Any information any of you can provide about
them, scientific name, prefered environment, general information about breeding.
basically anything at all would be appreciated. Currently I have two of the
Cichlids, a Gold Gourami, and a small plecostamus in a 10 Gallon tank. The
flooring is crushed coral so the PH stays pretty high, about 7.4. and the temp
is about 80 degrees. I have rocks for hiding places, and a plastic plant.
The tank has undergavel filtration and an overthe back mechanical filter.
I feed them flakes and frozen blood worms, and . . . Oh yeah, I love em.
Their the coolest fish I've owned so far. :-) If anything I've mentioned here
sounds stupid, then teach me don't flame me. :->

Thanks,

Kevin Goodman
goodke@netcom.com