Re: My Apistography

Richard> And is my favorite one.

The general form, coloration and beautiful spade-shaped tail of A.
agassizii make it an easy favorite. I was struck to notice last year in
Peru that the paddles the natives use to propel their dugouts on the
upper Amazon are shaped like the tails of aggies.  They must like them,
too.

I've only kept Apisto species for about three years and had never seen
aggies until last year, when we caught them in Peru. I now have about 15
wild aggies luxuriating in a 2 x 4-foot tank. My first spawns suffered
fin damage from nitrate poisoning (my fault -- gotta do more water
changes!!!), so I'm asking the Apisto gods for a second chance.

BTW, is there any way I can see an archive of messages for this list?
It's great to find messages popping into my mailbox now, but I'd like to
see what went before.

     If wishes were fishes we'd all have ponds.

Pete Johnson        San Jose, CA       petej@tlg.net