Apistos 4 Sale

A local dealer has good stocks of young wild Apistogramma agassizi and
Apistogramma bitaeniata, two of the most attractive species. These are
about 1 inch in length, but will grow out to about 3" males and 1.5"
females.

Price: $8 per fish.

I have some 1.5" Apistogramma macmasteri for sale for $8. These are not
as demanding as many Apistos in terms of water quality -- they'll do fine
in hard and alkaline water as long as it's not too extreme. They're also
very attractive.

I also have a couple of extra pairs of adult wild A. nijsseni, a
beautiful fish and the most gregarious Apisto I've seen. Price $25 per
pair. Wants soft, acid water.

(If you want some gorgeous Laetacara, I also have 1.25" L. sp. bukelkopf
for $6. These are F1 fish, lovingly raised by their wild parents. Please
don't tell anyone that I mentioned Laetacara in the Apisto list.)

David Soares in Oregon (phone 541-549-9350 -- he doesn't have email but
he's always an interesting conversation) has Apistogramma species
four-stripe for $7 and A. piauensis for $8 (you'll need Aqualog's "South
American Cichlids II" to find these listed -- they're new).

Price quoted exclude shipping, which runs approximately $30-35 per box of
fish in the US (I don't know what is entailed for out-of-country
shipping). I can combine my fish with the dealer's agassizi and
bitaeniata.

If you'd like more information on these, email me.

     If wishes were fishes we'd all have ponds.

Pete Johnson        San Jose, CA       petej@tlg.net