Breeding caves

Wright Huntley writes:

>By the way, have you ever used the little pots with holes in their sides
>that are intended for holding a candle under a pot of potpourri? They show
>up all the time at Goodwill stores and seem to be a perfect breeding hut
>for Apistos, when put in the tank upside down. For about $2.50 I get a
>breeding cave for cichlids, and a small peat pot for spawning grounds for
>smaller killies.

A fabulous idea, and one that never occurred to me while I was scavenging
Goodwill for jars and other glass containers. After reading this I went
to the local outlet and in 15 minutes found four "caves" for about $6.
The colors are pretty inventive, too.

      If you want to respond to this message,
      send the response to apisto@aquaria.net
      so others can see it.

     If wishes were fishes we'd all have ponds.

Pete Johnson        San Jose, CA       petej@tlg.net