Re: Microgeophagus ramirezi

The gill parasite statement is actually based on what I learned from pet
shop owners and like around here. The fish seemed to be gasping for air
in the water trying to catch their breath. But I tested the water and all
levels of chemicals and so forth was fine. One of the pet shop owners
told me that gold morph rams had a high susceptability to a gill disease.
I guess it may not have been a 'parasite' but it was something unpleasant
disturbing their breathing.

Kevin
* Kevin Goodman         *  Speaking for myself,       *
* goodke@netcom.com     *  Because I'm free to.       *