RE: Leaf litter in the Aquarium

Hi Frank. Hi, everyone.

Talked to a knowledgeable friend today about leaf litter, as I also have some apistos I want to care more for.
He suggested using oak leaves or other fairly thick leaves, as thin ones would disintegrate and hence more
likely create a mess in the tank.

Just thought I'll pass that along.

--erik

PS: I am fairly new to this list, the list is fairly new also?
I was asked to introduce myself when I first subscribed, which I didn't.
So....here 't goes:

Got 11 tanks, two big "show" tanks, 3 medium and 6 small.
Cichlids (all from South America), catfish and tetras.
In one tank I keep my apistos, which I believe are eunotus, agassizi and possibly cacatoides.
These were caught in Peru this summer.
So far most of my "fish time" is spent on discus and crenicichla, but I want to know more
about apistos too (and care for them better).