Re: pandurini

Gary......I don't know the species you are referring to but I have some F1 from
wild caught A. aggas. 'Tefe' that I would be just as happy about.  I don't have
a specific answer to you about your questions, but some general statements.  1)
 don't fool with the pH for at least 3 weeks....there are a great number of BIG
TIME(not me) apisto breeders in the world that believe that sex is not
determined at conception, but rather in the first 2-3 weeks of life......and
that sex is pH related.  This I have verified with A. Cacatod. .......at pH
7.6+ I get 98% males.........at pH of 5.8-6.0 I get about 50%-50%.
2) If these apisto's are like discus they can be weaned off of soft water
beginning at 7-10 days a little at a time...... but....remember the pH factor
business.  I don't think I would fool with either pH or hardness until at least
3 weeks from swimming.

Mike Jacobs    mjacobs@cat.pinellas.k12.fl.us

PS........if you're going to sell some of those buggers let me
know....honestly.....with heat packs and stuff...they'll make it!  Have a good
day!
Sent via CAT Online, a tool of The Center For Advanced Technologies.
Please visit us at <A HREF="http://www.cat.pinellas.k12.fl.us/">http://www.cat.pinellas.k12.fl.us</A>.