pandurini's box

Hi everyone,
	It's -44 in windy Montreal, so I thought I'd stay inside and ask a question. As
you'll have noticed if you've read my recent postings, I'm having fun with apistogramma
sp. 'pandurini'. Here's the question.
	I have two different pandurinis. One came in a few months ago as Apistogramma
norberti, which it isn't. The male is like a souped up njisseni, in many ways. he has a
sky blue body and red-orange tail edging - quite a sight. The female is consistent with
descriptions of pandurini. As an experiment, I put female 'pandurini 1" in with male
njisseni, and the njisseni almost got killed. As soon as a 'sky-blue' male went in, they
spawned.
	Form 2 came in a month later. Females are identical to form 1, but the male is
remarkable. It's characterized by a large black spot at the base of the caudal, and a
caudal that looks like a transplant from a nice aggassizii. As unscientific as this
sounds, it's a njisseni body with an aga tail - quite a fish! I haven't spawned this
fish yet - they came in more ragged than the first morph and cost me a fish-fortune in
losses.
	Both fish are notably more aggressive than any njisseni I've kept, and seem to
like cruising the surface. I was using killies as dithers, and these are the only only
apistos I've kept that devour wingless fruit flies as soon as they hit the surface.
Others will pick at them nervously, these guys wallop them.
	So, everybody, what are we calling these two forms? This plot has thickened -
but we do have two distinct morphs of what appears the same fish - we have to keep them
apart, especially given the appearance of the females. Names might help me at my end ifI
ever distribute them.
						Gary
PS - Mike Jacobs, whoever you are - every message I send comes back with the
Mailer-Daemon complaining about your server or address or whatever... There are always 4
or 5 bounce backs for each posting, but you're a favorite, for what it's worth. Might be
worth checking it out.