Re: A. piauiensis

Lisa....do you have extraordinary water or what are your parameters?  I live on
the 'left' coast of Florida....St Pete....pH of ohhhhhh7.8  and  ppm Calcium
about 200+.  When I have spawned A. Cacatoides.....may we all forgive spellings
;-).....I have had as much as 98% males.  Have you experienced any of those
ratios.  I've read that in fact the sex is determined not at conception but in
the first 2-3 weeks of the life of the fry......do you lower your pH or not?
When you spawned all of the apisto's were you fooling with your water?  In
other words, will these dwarfs spawn in 'normal' water but be skewed sex ratio
wise or does it really take a pH of 5.2 to get these buggers to spawn.....much
less with a good sex ratio?... Whewwww is anyone up for writing a book???????

Mike

Sent via CAT Online, a tool of The Center For Advanced Technologies.
Please visit us at <A HREF="http://www.cat.pinellas.k12.fl.us/">http://www.cat.pinellas.k12.fl.us</A>.