introduction/ a. rotopunkt

     hello apisto fans,

     i am very impressed by some of the collections that some of you have.
     i have been in this forum for a few weeks only and i would like to
     introduce myself.

     ever since i was a kid, i was very interested in nature, and always
     wanted to have lots of aquaria, but never got to have a fish tank
     until three years ago, when i got my own apartment.  now i have one
     55, one 29, four 10 and one 2.5 gallon tanks.  i also grow dozens of
     houseplants.

     i have bred in the past pelvicachromis pulcher (the common krib),
     nannacara anomala, and a few wild livebearers (haven't had much luck
     with them, they are all gone -- ameca splendens, limia vitatta etc.).
     wild-type livebearers and dwarf south american cichlids are two of my
     favorite groups of fish.

     i have a small colony of apisto "rotopunkt" right now, i had two
     pairs, gave one away, the other then bred in a ten gallon tank.  the
     babies have grown up and one of them gave birth already last week.  i
     was utterly shocked, because i don't have live foods, they haven't
     grown as big as their parents.  i'm shocked they would breed at such
     small size.  i'm afraid i've stunted them but they are perfectly
     formed though.

     anyway, one day, i will have a fish room and lots of apistos then.

     if anyone is interested in getting some of the 'rotopunkt' and
     anomala, and live in the new york area, please let me know.

     tsuh yang chen, new york city