Re: Corys & Apistos

> Regardless of the exceptions, I think nijsenni are among the most
> aggressive of the Apistos. I'm intrigued that they appear extroverted --
> they don't stay in hiding, as do most of their genus. The other end of
> the spectrum is A. norberti, which in my experience hide all the time.

Well, the only premise I'm challenging is the one that the exception is
that they are peaceful.  I would like more input from others who keep
njisseni.  I've got wild caught pairs and like I said, in a variety of
environments from a 10g toa 55g tank I've seen little to no aggression
with other species.

Now as to their behavior, I'd darn near rate them close to a puppy
dog.  I'm amazed at their friendliness.  When moving, to remove them
from the tank, I put both hands in the water, they swam into my hands,
and I scooped them with a handful of water into a bag.

Without exception, my absolute favorite apistogramma.

				Cheers,
				Matthew

----------- Reminder: Kindly quote parsimoniously when replying -------------