Re: Reverse Osmosis Units

>One thing that I've never seen mentioned is how (or if) the life-span
>of the membrane is affected by not only age but also amount of water
>that's passing.

A third factor -- the hardness of the water passing through. My R/O unit
required a new membrane after less than 18 months of use in San Jose,
which has water with 400+ ppm hardness. This is a Back to Nature unit,
and when I discussed the problem with Ron Harlan he said it was typical
for areas with water this hard.

Mine started with output below 10 ppm. I replaced it when it had drifted
over 20 ppm.

        If wishes were fishes we'd all have ponds

Pete Johnson  /  San Jose, CA  /  petej@wordsanddeeds.com