From: Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 14:28:59 +0000
Subject: Re: Apistogramoides pucallpaensis.

Just expanding on the info a little...

It's fairly easy to see the extra spines (hard fin rays) in the
anal fin. Ap. pucallpaensis having 6-9 compared to most Apistos
having 3, some though 4-5. Ap. luelingi is one of those having
more than 3 spines. The anal fin of the pucallpaensis looks
a lot longer than the Apistos'.

The hard fin rays are the ones the fish can "move", the soft ones
are recognised from their y-shape (they're fork-like) - their ends
split. Look at the pics in Linke and Staeck's book and you'll see
the difference. The male Ap. pucallpaensis pictured has 8 spines
if my eyes aren't fooling me.

Please breed and ship to Sweden, they're very rare over here :-)

Regards,
Fredrik