Re: Apisto Cactuoides fry

Hi Mike,
        I think you are doing the right thing. I had A. cacatuoides babies
before and they do great with  fresh culture of brine shrimp, twice a day.
What I do, I'll give them about a 10 cc siringe full of brine, once in the
morning and again in the afternoon. Based on my experience, they do much
better with mom. If you have natural plants in your tank, mom will take
them around the tank nipping at plant roots all day long. I think they grow
faster when mom is around. So, keep enjoying them. The only reason I would
remove her is if I want her to have the next batch of babies sooner. If you
put her back with the male, she might lay eggs in a week.
        Good luck with your babies.
Elisabeth

Elisabeth Holder
Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology,
Rice University
6100 Main St
Houston, TX 77005 USA
phone: (713) 527-8750 ext. 3261 or 2656