Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Water Softener question

Pete Johnson writes:

>Five gallons seems a bit small, though I know some on this list have
>succeeded with spawns in them. I've spawned several species in 10-gallon
>tanks, but 20s are my preferred size. Soares likes large tanks for
>Apistos, but that's a luxury for most of us. Incidentally, he's been an
>advocate of raising fry with parents and has done so successfully with
>many Apisto species, though he's now separating youg from parents to
>promote more frequent spawnings.

I've had spawnings of borelli, rotpunct, and some mcmasteri-types (don't know
exactly what they were), in five gallon tanks where the java moss covered the
tank from top to bottom.  I'm  somewhat hesitant to throw a pair or trio of
apistos into a bare or almost bare tank of anything under twenty gallons
Milpita, California 95035