RE: Water flow & spawning

My guess is that it was the water change and perhaps the oxygenation
brought on by the filter flow rather than the flow itself.  I don't
generally think of Apistos as living in flowing water to any degree, and in
fact concern myself with this when I blast them with my 250.  They don't
appear to particularly enjoy this level of flow.  I can't say that I have
ever seen spawning as a function of flow, but certainly have seen it
related to water changes, use of live food, barometric change, and my work
schedule (I ALWAYS get good spawns from at least 4-5 species about 4 days
before a several-day business trip, which typically results in a lost spawn
'cause I am not there to feed them!).

I DO have evidence of flow triggering cory catfish.  My Cory napoensis, if
in spawning condition, do not respond well to the cool water change method
ascribed for corys, but can be turned on like a switch with a Magnum 250.
 They will lay 500-1000 eggs in a day, starting an hour or two after the
filter has been hooked up almost every time!

Regarding T. candidi - does anybody out there have pairs for sale right
now?  I have been looking for these for awhile.  I came up with a sure fire
breeding method for them, but had some unfortunate losses due to aggression
before I got them really cranking.  The fry, unfortunately, succomed to the
"business travel" problem described above.

Tom