Water flow & spawnin

Pete--I put a powerhead with a sponge filter attached to it in a 55 gallon tank
to clean things up a little and noticed that my otocinclus were hanging around
the output from the power head.  I speculated at that point that many of the
suckermouth catfish really enjoyed the increased aeration and are attracted to
the water movement.  I had read sometime ago that some of the dwarf pikes are
from areas where there is a lot of water movement.  The body shape of the
taeniacara remind me somewhat of a dwarf pike and may indicate the the of waters
in which they naturally occur.  By the way--I don't know if you remember Albert
So's warning, get the male out of there quickly or he may not survive the
episode.

Ed Pon
Milpita, California 95035