HITH/HLLE?

I'm having a weird illness amongst my juvenile Ap. agassizii which
I think resembles Hole in the head. The symptoms are a protruding,
white bump in the forehead. The fish eat, swim and behave normally.
It is visible before break-through as a pale spot on the head. It's
a quick envelope, from no symptoms to a fully developed bump it's
only a couple of days. What's strange is that it doesn't seem to be
contageuos. My 100 juveniles, now 3.5 months old, has shown 2 (two)
cases of this illness with a month apart and I've had no other losses
except these two. So they go for a while with no apparent symptoms and
boom, one down, 98 to go...

The mother also died from this and I haven't seen it in any other tank
(I have 17 others) so it must be contageous and hopefully curable...

Anyone seen or heard of this before?

TIA
Fredrik

- --