Re: Laetacara bonanza

>  >> a friend noticed a cloud of fry in my L. sp. orangeflossen tank. Looks
>  >
>  >Is this the species that is in Linke & Staeke that is unlabled but has
>  >a very nice looking pearl scale?
>
>  Yes, but as is often the case with Linke & Staeke the fish looks somewhat
>  different from the picture. I haven't seen pearly scales and the
>  coloration is more subdued. I suspect that they have retouched some of
>  their pictures (L. sp. buckelkopf is another that looks different from
>  its L&S protrait).

Interesting.  I've often found that L&S does not quite capture the fishes
intensity, but more often that the colors are not bright enough.  The
A. standachneri is one example of a fish that is quite washed out in
the picture but nice in real life.

Now, on the buckelkopf, I've seen some pretty colorful guys, but you're
right.  Nothing like the intense red shown in the book.

				Cheers,
				Matthew

ps.  What do you do with those large spawns?