Cacatuoides

Help,
  My son's Apistogramma Cacatuoides pair have attached eggs to the side
of the tank every two to three weeks for the past maonth or so.  I have
a tank divider that I used to separate the other fish from the pair.
One time I even tried to remove the pair but they both jumped the
divider to get back with the eggs.  We even removed the gravel from the
bottom of the tank near the eggs so they could drop and we could find
them.
  The female guards them very well.  The male never goes near the eggs.
By the 4-5th day, the female seems to be touching the eggs with her
mouth.  They slowly disappear until none are left.  The end.
  What is wrong?  Is she eating them?  Should I remove both to another
tank?  Any  help would be appreciated.

Jim