Fwd: question

>I feed babe brine, cleaany debris on the bottom daily.

Do you feed a lot of baby brine?  I feed almost exclusively baby brine
brine even to adult apistos. I'm still looking for commonalities.

>	Anyone have any idea why my tap is 7.0+ and my tanks are
>6.6+. Oh well just asking some questions.

If you don't have a lot of buffering, the anaerobic bacteria that breaks
down waste products will use oxygen, emit CO2, and I've been told,
acidify the water.  A friend of mine who lived in San Francisco where
the water is extremely soft, couldn't change his water fast enough in
his 55 gallon fish tank to keep the PH above 6.  He attributed this to
his undergravel filtration system.  Any fish tank will eventually
develop some degree of biological filtration just from the decomposition
of waste.