Re: RE: male female ratio

<< I am beginning to wonder if it is pH and
hardness, or if it is temperature like recently suggested.

According to recently reported research, temperature seems to play the
biggest role, althought pH can also affect sex ratios, apparently depending
on the species.  Also, it was reported that the same factor (i.e. high temp.)
can skew towords either sex, again depending on the species involved. It was
interesting, to me at least, that it appeared that the temperature during the
first few weeks , and not the temperature during spawning/fertilization that
was important. The article that contains most of the imformation that this
reply is based on is in TFH.  I'm sorry I don't have the issue or page
number, but it was published this year.  Hope this is of some help.
Jeff Lehman
WndrKdnomo@aol.com