Re: "Agacucho" (and species id)

Randy wrote:

> Karen (Dennis) Eichorst wrote:
>
> > I picked up some A. "ayachucho" at ACA. Does anyone have any
> > information on them - not in Staeck and Link or Aqualog ?
>
> Randy wrote:
> Apparently you deciphered the label as "ay.." rather than "ag.." The
> species is "Agacucho" or "Four Stripes" (see Aqualog page 62) ...

Thanks for the info.  I had discounted "Agacucho" based on the
appearance of the male.  The male appears very similar (possibly is ?)
agassizi having a lancelate caudal with a solid body stripe extending
well into the caudal. Most agassizi I have seen appear to have
symmetrical coloration in the caudal, whereas this fish has
yellow-orange coloration only in the lower half.  The females have a
solid stripe with 2 distinct body stripes.  The female "Four Stripes" on
page 61 Aqualog) is a possibility.

My interpretation of the label (my writing is MUCH WORSE so I am not
complaining) was "Ap. Aycacucho".  Several people in the audience
"corrected" the auctioner as "Aya..".  There is a region and a city in
Peru that is Ayacucho and a city on the Orinoco in Venezuela called
Puerto Ayacucho.  Hopefully I dont have 1 male agasizzi and 2 female
Agacuchos.